Eats: Big Baba @ Taman Desa.


 I finally made the long awaited trip to Big Baba last Tuesday with Kah Shiong, a mate from high school. 
Big Baba is located in Taman Desa in the commercial office area, across from Taman Desa Medical Centre.

We came to visit one of my closest mates aka Bestie, Remus Chong, who owns and manages this restaurant. His uncle, aka. Uncle Wee aka mother's brother is the chef that whips up the lovely Malaccan peranakan dishes in this diner.

This is the second diner that he is managing, with another existing one, Little Jakarta, a restaurant serving Indonesian cuisine in Pearl Point Mall along Jalan Klang Lama.


Menu on outside wall. 
Set lunch menu. 
You can see into the kitchen. 
You can see out the window. 
Three tier tea, and Ribena Lychee
Ayam Buah Keluak 
I have not really tried many dishes here apart from the Ayam Buah Keluak.. I like this dish as it has a balance of sweet and sour flavours that goes well with the chicken. I'm told the fruit Keluak is seasonal and not always available. This order is good for two persons which is served with rice.

Ais Kacang.  
I ordered this for dessert as it was a blistering hot Tuesday... it was well made. However I think I should have ordered cendol, as I'm more a cendol than an ais kacang girl.

 Address:
34, Jalan 2/109E, Desa Business Park,
Taman Bukit Desa, Off Old Klang Road,
 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Open Tuesdays to Sunday: 11am-3pm, 5.30pm-9pm.
Closed on Mondays.
Tel: 03-7987-7755

Comments

Popular Posts