Eats: Le Pont Boulangerie @ Jalan Klang Lama


After lunch today, Zen and I were supposed to head to Owls Cafe in Bukit Jalil this afternoon for tea. However it so happened I spied this cafe out of the corner of my eye and decided to pay a visit to this place. Zen didn't want to look at owls as she was going through some superstitious stage of her pregnancy so we ended up at this place instead. 

This place is located along Jalan Klang Lama, across from where Mega Mandung and Pearl International Hotel is located. It is located across the street from Hong Leong bank, and the ELKEN Headquarters.

I pardon for the quality of the pictures here as I was using the crappy lens in my aging Hongmi phone for snapping pictures.
A mini breakfast combo set (between 8-11am).
Checking out the aisles of French pastry goodness. 
Pepper Chicken Puff Pastry
Madelines. one of my favs.
Operating Hours.
The dining area operates longer hours during the weekend to accomodate the larger crowd. It opens earlier on weekends for the breakfast crowd. Click on the picture for more information on the operating hours.

Sacrilege!A menu bereft of pork in a muslim country called Malaysia.
Unfortunately that is the sad aspect of opening a cafe in a muslim country.. and I do believe the french love their porky goodness...

The upstairs dining area on 2nd floor.
This place seems to have quite a lunch crowd, and there were many children and families having their lunch when we entered the second floor. I can foresee an even busier crowd during the weekends. The prices of the dishes is fairly affordable and competitive given that it is a french cuisine. There is quite an appealing list of western main dishes, sandwiches and pasta in their menu.

Coffee goodness.
Waffles with four types of toppings. 
The waffles were well made. There were four toppings for this order which is chocolate ice cream, some sort of berry jam, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. This is an order to share, but Zen was a little paranoid of having anything to eat including chocolate at this point of her pregnancy, so I just had everything to myself. Well, more for me.

It cost roughly RM21 for both the cappuccino and waffle order. Which I think is pretty fair as the portions are big (compared to this french cafe called Encore that I visited recently in Taman Desa with Bestie. I was not too impressed with their selection of menu items).

It's actually quite filling. Altogether, I find the plating of the dishes (at least as pictured in the menu) very creative and appetising. I would recommend coming here again to try out the other dishes.

Address:
Bedford Business Park.
6, Lorong 1/137c, Batu 5, Jalan Kelang Lama,
58000 Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Comments

Popular Posts