Accor Plus Explorer: First impressions (Dec 2022)

Ok, these are my thoughts

The Likes: 
1) I like that there are deep discounts available  for the hotel rooms in Singapore and Malaysia. It's a lot cheaper than what you would find on the external websites like booking.com or Agoda. 

2) I like the dining benefits. I have yet to try it, but I'm going for a Boxing Day festive buffet at Sofitel Damansara  tomorrow, so I hope to have most of my questions answered. There is a 20% discount for Accor Plus members for the buffet, so that's a good use for the membership. 

3) Validity: Initially I thought the membership would be exactly 365 days. But it is till the end of 2023, which is full 12 months. 

4) I like that I m able to book the Stay Plus room directly on the app, instead of going through a third party. This make the booking process automated, systematic and less time consuming on my part to plan for holidays. 

The Dislikes: 
1) I dislike that I am only able to use the Stay Plus in Singapore after adding a top up, and not on its own. 
Granted, it also runs on a similar system in Oceania, where you still have to pay a top up to use the Stay Plus room. 

I gather this is probably due to the currency exchange conversion which makes it harder to redeem the room 

2) I don't like it that there are no Red Hot Room deals in Malausia. Why Accor? why? 

3) if you want to encourage membership sign up in Malaysia, you need to have more dining promotions in Malaysia among the hotels and actually promote it. Why is it only available in Singapore?  


Comments

Popular Posts