Sofitel KL Damansara: Festive lunch buffet (2022)


Today I went for a festive buffet lunch at Kwee Zeen in Sofitel Damansara. 

I had booked for 2, then changed it to 4 pax as mum wanted to invite my brother and wife along as well. 

When I got there, the front of house had only recorded 2 pax rather than 4 pax.. not sure why, but that was rectified immediately. 

Kwee Zeen: 
Kwee Zeen serves Pan Asian cuisine, so there was a mixture of Asian dishes, i.e indian, Chinese, Peranakan, as well as a counter for cheese board. There was also a call to order pasta counter, a cut and prepare your own lettuce and salad counter, and a ice seafood counter. 

Last but not least, there was the dessert section, which was an entire room on its own. There was chocolate fondue with marshmallows on sticks, iced donuts, macaron, Christmas log cakes, panettone, and mini little cakes, almost as if you were ordering an afternoon tea. 

The restaurant was fully booked. Apart from one table of 8 that was empty (no idea if it was a no-show) it was 96% full. 

Reservations: 
For buffet dining reservations with Sofitel Damansara, at the moment it is currently based on booking using the Accor Table Plus system. This also allows Accor Heartists, Accor Plus Members as well as stay-in guest to have access to discounts for dining in at the restaurant. 

Bookings are only kept for a maximum of 15 mins and will be released to other customers in the event of a no-show.

The max number of pax on the Table Plus system is 15. Any more, it would be better to call the restaurant.

It's not a good idea to do a no-show if you're reserving using your own Accor acct as that will leave a black mark on your member acct. 😂. It is also a matter of lack of courtesy and thoughtlessness if you do a no-show. 

Accor Plus dining discount: 
I managed to redeem the 20% discount off the bill using the Accor Plus membership I had.

The booking was reserved using the log in from my Accor All/Plus account,  so it showed my Chinese name. (membership to Accor All is free). 

I am assuming that the hotel reservation system may indicate the card type I hold based on my reservation, but I can't verify that for sure.

I showed the mobile phone screen that had a picture of my silver Accor card to the manager at the front of house, and he took down my long ass 16 digit member number to key into the system. 

He was very busy checking off a long list of names who had reserved their seats from the different platforms, and was really too busy to engage in any small talk with me at that time. 😂

Parking: 
Sofitel KL Damansara shares a parking space with DC Mall. Parking is currently free on weekends, public holidays and after 5pm. 

At the moment, the hotel and the mall is trying to gain momentum as the area itself is quiet. However, Pavillion Damansara is being constructed next door at the moment. One can only surmise and wait to see how the foot traffic will be once construction for Pavillion is completed. 

Comments

Popular Posts