Staycation: Sofitel Damansara (Feb 2023)


So it is my Staycation Week. 

Family is away, so I decided to be productive this week by incorporating new experiences into my repertoire. 

I decided to check into Sofitel Damansara, as to use my StayPlus night for the weekend. The hotel was booked out, when I last checked, so this was a good decision after all. 
This is a standard room. After the night in Pullman KL, I have to say this is one level up for the same kind of room. 
A handwritten card from the GM.
A welcome message on the television screen. 
Standard King room comes with a couch. 
A Nespresso machine and two bottles of still water.
Balmain skincare products. 
Bathrobe and an umbrella. 
Welcome chocolates! 

It was a lovely welcome I received, as within the first hour, they sent the welcome chocolates, and I received a call from housekeeping to ask if I needed further amenities. A very different experience from that of Pullman KL. 

I actually booked a twin room. However, perhaps because I checked in alone, they moved me to a more spacious King Room instead. 

A twin room has a smaller sofa, and a King room has more space for a bigger sofa, but prices are the same for either. 

Summary: this hotel wins full marks for setvice. Excellent for staycations. Furnishings are luxurious. Even for a standard room, you feel like royalty. 

Location: a bit tricky to get here if your driver is not familiar with the surroundings. But once you get here, it's a heaven in a hotel. 

Breakfast buffet: I didn't add that to the room. Breakfast price starts from Rm53, which you add to the room at check in. Walk in is charged at Rm72 onwards. 
As my breakfast would potentially cost me Rm62+, I decided to give it a pass as I don't eat well that early in the morning anyways, and decided to check DC mall for forage later in the morning instead.. 

Parking is free after 5pm daily. 
If you're checking in before then, provide the concierge your car plate number to validate your parking fee, so you pay a flat rate of RM10 per week day. Ticket is paid via debit or credit card at the exit gantry. 

Comments

Popular Posts