Panasonic: Lumix DMC -GF5 W camera

The box.

Late in December last year, I decided to head to the PC Fair in KLCC with some mates. Whilst there, I decided to get a new camera.

I finally decided on the Panasonic Lumix GF5W, as I was told the price the sales person offered to me was worth it as it came with double lens kit.

I am not a very hardware person, so unable to give a review on the attributes or spec of the camera, but here is a good review on this camera. My package comes with a Double Lens Kit. Unfortunately pictures of the camera is taken by a lousy compact camera that I have, so the pictures did not turn out so good.
Unboxing the camera.
The specs taken from the official website:
  • Body,
(2 x differents lens- look at photo below)
  • LUMIX G 14 mm / F2.5 ASPH. (H-H014), (Pancake Lens)
  • LUMIX G VARIO 14-42 mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042)
  • Lens Cap x 2,
  • Lens Hood,
  • Lens Rear Cap,
  • Battery Charger,
  • Battery Pack,
  • USB Connection Cable,
  • Shoulder Strap, CD-ROM
• Body cap and lens rear cap of H-H014 lens are not included.
More links for the specific lens above. 

two kinds of lens
LUMIX G 14 mm / F2.5 ASPH. (H-H014)

 LUMIX G VARIO 14-42 mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) (Pancake Lens)
Feedback:
So far, I've taken it with me to my trips to Indonesia. The pictures turned out pretty good, though one's photography skill will greatly enhance the angle of the pictures taken. I have used this camera in a lot of my food reviews in the past few months, and the pictures obviously turn out a lot better than say if I was using a normal compact.

I am still learning to utilize the functions, and recently bought a photography magazine. Currently learning to use the Aperture and Shutter modes, and also trying out the pancake lens having only used the long multi focal lens in the past few months. I have basically forgotten all my previous training and knowledge of how to use the camera and given it back to my uni friend, Jiaren.. LOL

Jiaren Lau is my uni friend from USQ, and currently also a part-time photographer currently based in Perth. He self taught himself how to use the camera, and has done weddings and close object photography.
He taught me a lot on how to use the camera, and I was using a Canon PowerShot A590 of those days (with the manual dials). But because Canon has discontinued production of the auto manual kind of cameras after 2008, I now have to try other brands with the Manual modes.

Price of GF5:
Due to a Promotion at PC Fair, this camera only cost me about Rm1500 (including 3% credit card commission).

Links:
Lumix GF 5: Accessories.

Pictures taken using the GF5 recently... in Tawangmanggu, Indonesia.

                                    



Comments

Popular Posts