Psalms 91:11 - He shall give His angels charge over you

When I was driving to church on Sunday, I almost narrowly avoided an accident with another car at the roundabout.


The  roundabout is a five exit roundabout.

It is a fairly sizable and big roundabout, that takes some getting used to. Its size is not commonly found in Malaysia, as we don't have that here. But there are about two near where I live hear in Hoppers Crossing.

I had taken the left lane instead of the right, and would have almost crashed into the car on the right turning in at the second exit. By right, I should have taken the right lane to turn in at the third exit, but through lack of judgement, I did not.

Somehow, I managed to stop the car in time without crashing to the car on the right lane. It happened so quickly that I did not realise what had just happen.

My father nonchalantly said it was "Holy Spirit" that helped us, like it was something normal that happened every day..   -_-

However when I was in church service that day, this verse came to me "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to guard in all your ways- Psalms 91:11".  

Later in that day, when I spoke with Carmen, I asked her to check the translation of the verse in her Chinese language Bible, and she said it was "protect".

I then realised that the stopping of the car in time was no accident. The Lord protected not just me, but also my father, and my mother, but also the driver of the other car. In all, He protected the lives of four persons.

I thank the Lord for His Protection upon me, and my family. For saving us from narrowly losing our lives in that short instant of time.

Psalms 91: 9-13 
9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, 
Even the Most High, your dwelling place, 
10 No evil shall befall you, 
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, 
To keep you in all your ways. 
12 In their hands they shall bear you up, 
Lest you dash your foot against a stone. 
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, 
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

Comments

Popular Posts