Chiang Mai : Day 1 & Day 2.


This trip has been long been coming. Or planning, you could say. Initially I was supposed to be heading to Chiang Mai with some mates from a local KL Meetup group, but that didn't transpire. 

In the end, I just decided they could F*** it, regardless what excuses the leader gave me. 
To add to it, I was being told by many people that Chiang Mai, or was it Thailand was a dangerous place to visit due to the many hyperbolic news articles on the internet. 

Anyways, go I went. 

So on the last week of Nov, I made my way to
my first trip to Chiang Mai. 

Day 1: I made an order on the InDrive app on my phone. Paid Rm65+5 in total to the driver. He was a Malay driver with a spick and span clean car, so all good. Arrived at the KLIA2 in good time. 

The photos here are actually in reverse order as I'm uploading them from mobile phone. 

Photos are uploaded in reverse order. 

Day 2: I met my tour guide, Mint. she initially charged me 1,500 baht. Then subsequently, another 1000 baht for the petrol. I found out that petrol in Chiang Mai is 39 baht a litre, which is abt Rm6/litre. Thats a pricey pretty penny! 

We drove up to Doi Pui, which is a tribal village. I realised that in Chiang Mai, a lot of the people like to support their own kin, by bringing people there to visit and buy things. Whether it was tribal people, or even a restaurant, they supported their own kind. 

The drive was a little hard on me as it had many bends, and I had a sore head by the time we reached the top. I also had a heavy breakfast that morning, so it didn't help. 

Weatherwise, I realised that Chiang Mai is very hot. It's abt the same temperature as Kuala Lumpur, but I could feel the heat by mid day on Day 2. 

Mint ended up driving me to the RajaPruek botanical gardens. It was then I realised it was very very hot in Thailand on my second day! 

She later dropped me off at the Ibis Chiang Mai, which is where I was staying. I took some time to refresh myself and had a nap. 

For dinner, I headed to the Maya mall again to look for dinner. As it was a Friday, there were many people out. There was a Japanese outdoor food park at Think Park, but I wasn't too keen on it. 

After that I decided to pack some breakfast supplies from the local supermarket, called the Rimping at the basement of the Maya Mall.

It was a good idea, as it meant I didn't have to go out early to look for breakfast or anything of that sort. 

Day 2: 
Found this cream on top milk for 40 baht. Yum!

My breakkie for the next few days as I didn't want to go out in the morning to look for munchies. 

Pad Kaprow Basil at Maya Foodcourt on Day 2 dinner. 

Taking photos with Mint, the local tour guide. 



Selfie at Doi Pui, the Hmong village nearest to Chiang Mai. 


Day 1: 
Late night movie - Hunger Games 

Can't remember what this is. 

Maya Mall food court. 
Som Thum with marinated crabs. 

Comments

Popular Posts