Chiang Mai: Day 5 - Chill and Relax



Day 5, which was a Monday, was another day of chill. I was actually having a relapse of my cough after Day 3, so I couldn't do much, and I didn't feel like doing anything. 

The heat of the morning in Chiang Mai is maddening, as it can get at hot as 30+ Celcius by 10am. So I learnt my lesson and took it easy. 

For breakfast, I had thai noodle cups from the Rimping supermarket that I had bought on my first night in Chiang Mai, and hot Milo from the packs I brought with me. 

I saw a massage shop across from the hotel I stayed, and decided to go check it out. So I went there for a massage.

I realised that in Thailand, you have to communicate with the therapist and tell them what kind of massage you want, or you'd end up with a very soft massage. Which was not my cup of tea. 

After the massage, I rested for the rest of the day. 


I made a booking with the hotel for the shuttle to drop me in front of Maya Mall, as I didn't fancy walking  around in the heat. 

My first stop ended up being the makeup store, Eve and Boy, in the mall. Its like a Thai version of Sephora, but without the franchise fees. 


i bought lipstick, eyeliner, and brushes. I bought predominantly made in Thai brands as they would be cheaper. 

Next, I went to this place called Ryota. Its a Japanese inspired hot pot or shabu shabu. 
I wasn't too impressed by the quality of the food however, as I'm used to the standard held by Wagyumore in KL. 

Everytime I ordered a portion, I got two pieces. The foods left in the common areas were just not very appetizing or tasty looking. I was not impressed. 

To end the day, I went to watch a movie. A Disney movie called Wish. The movie is the centennial movie for Disney, however it was more suited for younger kids. 

The movie ended around 10ish, so I could get back to the hotel in good time. 

Comments

Popular Posts