Chiang Mai: Day 4 Rest and Relax

After all the travelling in the hot sun and hiking up Pha Wa Lat, Day 4 was a much more restful and relaxing day. 

Breakfast was as usual the noodle cups I had bought at Rimping supermarket on my first day, and the Milo packs I had brought with me. 

I had intended to try to visit the Hotsprings in San Kham Phaeng, but the hop on and hop off bus didn't turn up! Alas! 

In the end, I found a shop near Maya Mall that had spa packages, called the Wellness Massage at Nimman. 

The different packages available in Dec 2023. 



Soaking my feet in a foot bath. 

After a good body massage, I went to a shop in Nimman that sells Khao Soi (Kao Soy Nimman).
 It is essentially a type of curry noodle soup like laksa, but with crunchy fried noodles. It was a good try, but the offerings at this shop wasn't to my taste. 

After that, I just decided to check out Choux Bury, which is a cafe that serves English styled pastries, desserts and the quintessential English teas. 



I did more walking, but to be honest, the portions from lunch and even tea were not adequate for me as I was still hungry after. I found this practical, cheap and tasty shop also in Nimman. 

Located in a fully painted yellow diner, it is called JEAB. The Tom Yum Gung was tasty and hearty, costing me only 98 baht. I was very happy with it! 

I fully recommend this place. I think they have good cooks working there. 


Finally to end the day's adventures, I stopped by this chocolate cafe. Called the Skugga Cafe, it is opened and inspired by Australian origins. 

I ordered a dark chocolate, and sat down to enjoy my hot drink. 
I did change some money today at a roadside money changer. USD200- I think I got abt 8,000 baht in return. Can't remember the exchange rate as it's been days ago. Can never be too stingy on a trip and not want to spend 🤣

To finish the day, I ordered some takeaway from Maccas for dinner, which was along the Nimman main road. 

I ordered a Bolt car as I was too tired physically to walk back to the hotel at this stage. It was during peak traffic time, so the ride took a while to come. I think I paid abt 70 baht for the ride, but it is cheaper than Grab in Thailand. 

I think I was so tired that I ended up just taking a shower, and went straight to bed with taking my dinner. 🤣🤣

Comments

Popular Posts