Chiang Mai: Day 3 (Wat Pha Lat)


For this post, I wisened up a bit and uploaded the photos in the reverse order. 

Day 3: so on the morning of Day 3, i had already made plans with Dylan, one of my mates from the Sydney Meetup group from long ago. 

He had moved to Chiang Mai four years ago, so he's almost like a local there now. Lol 

His gf, Anisa picked me up to the hotel and we made our way to the bottom of the hiking ground, where we would hike Wat Pha Lat. 

It wasn't easy, as I had not been going to the gym for the past 2 months, so I was not at my optimal fitness.

But we made it to the top! 

It was great catching up with Dylan as I had not seen him since I left Sydney. I told him of the hyperbolic nonsense going around the internet, and he said he's seen crime in Sydney that has never happened in Chiang Mai, hence the latter was quite a safe place for people to travel. 



Wat Pha Lat. Notice that I'm covered at the appropriate areas of my body as we are at a temple.

a friendly female cat at the temple grounds. 

Lunch. 

For lunch, we headed to a mate of Anisa's who ran a lunch bar. Mexican was the cuisine.

It was a long afternoon, so we visited a cafe nearby where Dylan could revise his Thai letters. 

Then we headed off to Chiang Mai University where there were a group of expats playing frisbee. 

I was proud to say that I at least joined some of the game towards the later part of the evening. 🤣🤣

For dinner , we joined the group to the nearby everyday night market that serves the students who attend CMU. 

It was great to meet another group of expats in a foreign city and to exchange views. 

Everything at this CMU targetted night market was so cheap!

To finish the day, we took a group selfie with Dylan's family, and Anisa dropped me back at the hotel. 

Comments

Popular Posts