San Lee Shoes: New Ballroom Dancing Shoes

So one fine weekday this week,the opportunity arose and I managed to sneak a lunch hour out to Taman Midah. I don't normally get to use the car, so it was the perfect opportunity to get myself familiarised with Cheras.

It took me close to half an hour to 45 mins to get to the place coz I got lost... LOL. I checked out the place on Google Maps and was fine till I reached Jalan Cheras... and then I realised I got lost and had zoomed all the way to Jalan Miharja. Luckily my Nokia E63 could still support Google Maps (no matter how small the screen was. LOL).

The shop is located a block away behind Tesco adjacent to Taman Midah along Jalan Cheras.

Phew!! Finally found San Lee Shoes!
Sample of ballroom dance shoes
To start off I had to choose between Latin or Ballroom dance shoes. Latin shoes are open toed and shorter in height (about 2 inches), whereas Ballroom shoes are closed toes and about 2.5 inches in height. If you haven't known by now, I have been learning latin-ballroom dance in my friend's studio, Zen Ballet in Kuchai Lama for the past one year now.

This is not my first time learning latin, as many many eons ago before heading to Australia, I had learnt the cha-cha genre dance for about half a year. I also brought along my old black latin shoes (shorter stem of about 2 inches) to get it fixed at the shop.

It turns out the old pair of shoes that I made when I was learning dance at William & Louisa was ordered from San Lee as well. What a surprise!

Anyways, I chose the pattern above, and chose a skin coloured latin fabric for my shoes. The cost was about RM150 for the ballroom shoes. The attendant also charged me RM18 to fix my latin shoes...She gave me an appointment card and asked me to come and collect both pair of shoes in about ten working days.

Guess I have to wear socks for dance class till my shoes are fixed. LOL.  >_<

Swatches of different types ofabric to choose from
Dancing Shoes panel.
Walking Shoes panel.
 Operating hours:
Monday to Saturday, 9am to 6pm.
Address:
11, Jalan Midah 5 Taman Midah,
Cheras Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact: +603 - 9130 3236

Comments

Popular Posts