Guard the Door To Your Mind

 It's really important to be careful what you let into your mind. 

I love my friends, but they aren't the best at inspiring when it comes to money and productivity. 

Continue to always keep yourself plugged into trainings, events that are related to your business. 

If you don't, no one else can do it for you. 

Do Your Own Research: 

Yesterday, I had a catch up with three friends. This is how the conversation went. 

Just because Close Friend A says something she claims to be "facts", you have to do your own research and find out the facts for yourself. 

I.e for example, when a close friend claims that she doesn't have to pay 15% Contribution Tax (and it is the responsibility of the employer), your responsibility is to go and check on the relevant websites.. and no, ATO says that pre-tax contribution by the employer is liable for 15% tax. 

Then she saw that I was working on the script for my Business Overview- 

"why are you even doing this? You should do what one of our friend is doing- loan broking.. 

*sweat* I am not even interested in loan broking, madam. 

I used to be a member of this supplement company N*S***, and it doesn't work. The leaders are constantly always busy, they don't have any time.. 

What did I end up doing? I just let her say what is on her mind... 

I appreciate her concern. However, I believe some of the facts she has been stating need to be rechecked properly.

How Do They Spend Their Time?

Close Friend B- has free time between 8.30 to 2.30pm every day.

Her son, daughter is at school, and husband is at work. She is worried about her husband's employment whenever he has altercations. 

CY: What do you do between the hours of 8.30-2.30pm everyday?

"Oh, I go home, do some chores, and I watch Netflix..." Hmmm.. 

CY: Why don't you find some thing to do?

I am too lazy....

*Sweat*

Ok, the fact is I don't have anyone supporting me. It's not like I have a spouse who is working to support me, and I don't have kids that I have the excuse of staying home. 

Hence, I can't rely on just one source of income. You need a few sources of income, so that by the time I settle down (whenever that is), I won't have to worry about money or finances. 

Fact 1- I chose not to subscribe to Netflix during Covid lockdown in 2020- because I wanted to spend time practising the piano. 

Fact 2- I still choose not to subscribe to Netflix now that lockdown is over- because I don't want to spend time watching television and serials as there are other things I want to do. 

I still take time out to watch television for entertainment, but I limit my television screen time. 

Take the Good. Leave the Bad. 

Close Friend C- only arrived after we all had the conversation on finances, money, and investments and wasn't involved in all the drama.

She asked me to keep myself physically active. 

She goes to Goodlife gym in Point Cook three times a week (and she lives 15-20 mins away in Tarneit). The days in between, she plays tennis with her husband.

She also works part time as an abacus maths tutor for children to help out with the finances in the  household.

I say, take the good.. leave the bad, learn to control your emotions, and make your own mind up what you want to do. 


Comments

Popular Posts