My strengths and challenges

In the last two weeks, two persons so far has said to me:
that my strength lies in the fact that though I plod along quietly, when I have a goal, I have a bullish determination to complete what I have set out to do. 

Examples: 

1) My church friend, Pam said that I had set my heart to complete my Property Agent Rep paper... I am not sure why she cited this as the example. 

2) When I had issues with my superannuation contribution with my employer, my co worker said that I had constantly followed up with her so she ensured that the payroll company did what they were supposed to. 

Perhaps my biggest challenge is that I continue to still under estimate my own confidence in what I am able to accomplish.

My challenge is that I have a huge tendency to second guess myself in what I do. Though I know I can do it, doubt often sets in. 

Today during a conversation I had, I realised that my other challenge is that due to my self reliant nature, 
I tend to not want to seek help when it is evident that I have a mental block in accomplishing certain tasks. 

I guess this is also due to my fear of being seen as less, and also of rejection (due to my own past beliefs). 
It is something that is not easy for me to overcome without being triggered.

Comments

Popular Posts