A lesson in faith: Slow & Steady wins the race.

I saw the picture of Tokyo being heavily snowed in today. First time ever heavy snow! Cool...no wonder Ai Ling was telling me it snowed there! ^^

Anyways, that was just a prelude to what I learnt of faith today. Both in finances, as well as in life. The advice came from someone whom I never expected to hear from. Indeed, sometimes the Lord uses the most unexpected to teach us the lessons in faith.

This morning, I had a disastrous situation befell me. Out of fear, I backed out. Yet, I was given advice that when we give in to fear, the situation will eat us up for many years to come. When we grab fear by the horns, we leave not the space for people to critisize us. For the same applies to other situations.

For slow & steady wins the race. For what is valuable, is worth waiting for. For when we are at calm, the rest will fall into place.

This verse came to mind as I wrote this...
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?..... And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Matthew 6:26-28.

Teach me, Lord to wait. Let me be not anxious in life, but leave all my burdens into Your hands. You know what is in my mind, and each time I begin to worry, yet You never failed to comfort me. I am grateful you hear me even when I speak it not. Let me have confidence that you always shall provide for me, that I could be the Impact that You so want me to be.

Comments

Popular Posts