Australia KL High Commission

Today after getting my Letter of Good Conduct processed, my dad sent me off to the Australian High Commission which is near KLCC. Like almost any embassy, well, for this one, we had to scan or belongings, and our bags had to go through the scanner.

I had to take out my camera.

All persons who came in had to line up at the Reception. It seems that the people who worked at the High Comm were all Malaysians. I'd have thought Australians worked there, but that didn't seem to be the case.
Anyways it took a while to wait at the Reception. After which, it took another almost twenty to thirty minutes to get my passport re-evidenced. That definitely took a while.

There was also an Australian white female who was waiting in line. When she reached the counter, she was then informed that she could have gone straight to get her document notarised in the other room.
Which is also one of my observations about better explanations for walk in clients.
The Australian High Comm would be better off my providing more assistance in the form of notices for clients walking in, as the white female exclaimed that no one had told her that she could have gone to the next room.

When I walked in, I had no idea what to do, and was at a loss as there were no notices informing clients what they had to do on arrival in the Reception room.

I met another girl who was also waiting for her passport to be re-evidenced. She is living in Brisbane. We actually struck up conversation for the rest of the next two hours!

Anyways, after I left, I realised that the camera that was taken out of my bag was still in the security room. The Australian High Comm should display notices to retrieve their belongings/camera at the exits.
Due to lack of notices, a lot of the clients either had no idea what to do on arrival in the Reception room.
Not only that, without notices at the exits, clients forget to retrieve their cameras at the exits. As such, now I have to make a second trip to go and retrieve my camera.

I really hope that the embassy looks into this matter, as it it would be good if the embassy looks into providing such notices for clients as it makes work more effective for both their staff, but for clients where time is precious.












Comments

Popular Posts