Having an Epiphany.

Sometimes it requires a nudge, or trigger for a person to eventually make that decision that would eventually change the direction and course of their life.

When we are single & in our early twenties, we want to travel, see the world, do the unthinkable. Yes, we want to follow and make our dream. Live our passion, as the youth would say.

However, as we reach our thirties, and as our friends all start to settle down, and have families of their own, we begin to look at our own lives differently.

Starting a family is not just looking at our own needs anymore, but at our children's as well. Time just becomes more precious and we value how we are to use our time.

I realised that the things that used to hold my interest five years ago now no longer do. I thought that would never happen, but it has.

Now that I'm in my thirties, I'm beginning to see the wisdom of the elders, and those much older.

Three persons from different walks of life, a 50+ yr old migrant shopkeeper, a 40 yr old migrant colleague, and a 40 yr old local migrant all gave me the same answer to the question that I posed.

Two of which have their own families, and one still single. In the end, no matter how far we are away from our homes, the family still is our most important possession & thing that we can fall back onto.

Sent from my Nokia phone.

Comments

Silverfox said…
Depends. If having a family is important, then whatever I'm doing that may not put the family interest first would automatically disinterest me.

But if it doesn't, I can happily continue on with both. Just need wisdom to handle them ;)

Popular Posts