The night before Chinese New Year.

So it's now the second of my three weeks in KL.

Tonight is Chinese New Year Eve. Otherwise known as 'lin sam sap man' or the '30th day night', all, and most chinese families will gather at their relative's home for dinner tonight.
I'll be attending a family reunion dinner tonight at my 'tai bak's home. Which would be my Dad's eldest brother. It's been the same routine for me the last few decades. Lest, or should I get married, this routine will remain the same.

You could say that at least in my family, and for a chinese christian family, Chinese New Year is still the most important festive time for us.

It's the only time where we all get to see each other, and make all the obligatory visits to all the higher up Aunties' and Uncles in the hierarchy of the family tree. House spring cleaning, and the preparation of all the cookies and delicacies are made as early as one month before the new Year.
New Year's Day (Chor Yat) starts out by visiting the eldest relative on the Dad's side. However as I have no surviving of either grandparents on my Dad's side, this privilege is then referred over to the eldest one on my Mom's side, which is my Poh Poh', or grandmother.
Right, so I'm off to spring clean the house now... My parents are summoning to help with the cleaning!




Comments

Popular Posts