Clarins: Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

According to the Clarins website,

the Clarins Blue Orchid Oil is suitable for normal skin type. This oil is:

"Anti-aging care for Dehydrated Skin. 100% pure plant extracts. Zero preservatives. This best-selling oil contains extracts of Rosewood, Patchouli and Blue Orchid to tone, revitalise and restore radiance to moisture-depleted skin. Hazelnut Oil helps prevent moisture loss and the formation of fine lines. Non-staining."

I bought this oil in Sydney at MYERs during one of their annual Christmas sales. Over the course of time, I ended up using most of the products, except the Clarins facial treatment oil...
The colour is fading, as you might be able to tell. Hence the reason why I have to quickly use the product up. As most oils are, you can only use a few drops at one time when using it for the face. However in my case, that would mean taking close to another year before I can use up the bottle.

NOT SUITABLE FOR MY FACE..
The resulting use of this on my face found the Blue Orchid Oil too rich, eventhough I have been told my skin is dehydrated.

I had tried it on my face, but I realised my face was breaking out after application. As a result, I was a bit wary and had to apply as little as I possibly could.

USED FOR THE BODY INSTEAD...
In trying to finish up the bottle, I had a brilliant idea... I decided to trial its use for my body instead.
After having my warm nightly showers, and scrub to exfoliate the dead skin cells, I poured the oil onto my palms, and warmed it up. Then I rubbed the luxurious oil onto my rough bits of my knees, my elbow and my tummy. The scent is also really good too.
The Blue Orchid Face Oil is used for dehydrated skin, and seemed to suit for the dry bits of my body, and was quickly absorbed in. It was surprisingly not oily, and gave a really nice fragrant smell.

I do think it also helps firm up the skin on my body, though I cannot really see it, but thats how I feel it working.
I actually feel pampered and luxurious having it applied.... when I went to pick Wendy L, a mate from the train station the other night after my dance class, she asked if I had gone for a massage as she could smell some "aroma therapy" scent sitting next to me in the passenger seat. Hmmm..

Regardless, I think it would be a better routine to apply the oil about every three days, and not daily as I found the scent a tad bit overwhelming having applied it consequtively for three days.

PRICE:
As I had bought the oil in Sydney during festive times, it came in a Christmas hamper, and was more value for money. However I do not recommend doing that unless the oil really was not suitable for your face. I cant remember the price for this product, but it currently retails about Rm155 ++ in Malaysia.
SKIN TYPE: NORMAL, Dehydrated Skin
SIZE: 40 ML

Comments

Popular Posts